CHANGE YOUR MIND16 April 2012 2021-06-16 0:00
CHANGE YOUR MIND
CHANGE YOUR MIND
As we prepare for ‘Change the Age’ the most important change we need to make is with our thinking. So often, we develop thought processes that keep us from obtaining our goals. If we are limited in our thinking, we will be limited in our achievements. Our speech is the biggest revealer of the thought patterns in our mind. To find out what you are thinking, listen to what you are saying. Phrases such as ”I don’t have the time”, “I’m too busy”, or “I am so stressed and tired’. Sound familiar? If so, then you have set these patterns already in your mind and these will begin to frame your world and daily routines. Here are some tips to change your thinking to set you up on a path of success.
1. Define Your Goals– If you aim for nothing, you will hit it every time. Sit down and map out what it is you want to achieve. Put practical times frames on things and create milestone to measure success. If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail!
2. Start Speaking Positive- What you say is what you believe. Begin to speak positive about your circumstances and start using language that enables you; not disables you
3. Make Up Your Mind– Plan your day accordingly and don’t negotiate in your mind. Stick to what you have decided. Start planning for it and prepare around it. Once you have made up your mind, MAKE IT HAPPEN
4. Think Ahead– Preparation brings success. Think about what barriers could hinder your progress and work around them. For example, what groceries do you need for the week? Make a food plan and buy what you need so that you can do all your daily activities and not be thrown off by reaching for the convenient food and mess up your healthy choices. Have your gym bag ready to go and find times that work for you and your family.
5. The Idea of “I Don’t Have The Time’ Has To GO! – Everyone has one hour to fit into his or her day to focus in on their goal. Ask yourself what you can cut out. How many hours do you spend a day watching TV, on the computer or even shopping? Everyone has 3 hours within a week to contribute to healthy living, learn a new skill or expand their opportunities. If not, think about how you can manage your time better and take back control of your life. Are you running your life or is your life running you?
6. Your Beliefs Shape Your Reality– Confidence in your ability to be successful in your goals comes from a set of beliefs. It’s in what you believe about yourself and what you believe about others. It’s worth asking yourself the questions and even writing down how you see yourself. You can be your biggest fan!! Changing how you see yourself will instill confidence and set you up for success.